Old January 4th 06, 11:05 AM

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 00:09:00 GMT, "LeeD" allegedly
wrote:

Once again, my surfing friends learn snowboarding much faster than I
did. They could ride most of intermediate resorts the first few
runs....EVER! That's because they don't need to face forward in snow,
they face sideways surfing all the time!

Being comfortable going sideways is a tiny aid to learning snowboarding.
As an experienced surfer it helped me not one bit when I first tried
boarding. I didn't know about edge control and different snow conditions
etc.

Every experienced skier I know that converted to boarding found it easier
than boarders with no previous snow experience.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://rssFAQ.org/