Old January 4th 06, 02:13 AM

How fast are you going when you do such a roll ? If you don't use your
arm to break your fall, are you in danger of hitting your head ? I
think if I fall at high speed whatever natural (instinctive) knee jerk
reaction I have like sticking out my hand might kick in and screw me
up. I'm glad you guys are filling me in on all this stuff, I can
imagine how you could easily get hurt.

Would it be wise to practice falling at slower speed by trying alot of
manuevers that might help you learn to manuever but also increase your
chances of learning to fall better ?

Sounds like you really need a helmet ? My sis says skiiers don't need
helmets and didn't think snowboarders would. Are there many helmet
options such as a soft helmet that can be packed easier and is more
cushiony like a surfiing helmet for rocks ? Would a hard football type
helmet be best ?

Thanks