Old November 22nd 05, 08:46 PM

On 21 Nov 2005 18:34:12 -0800, "Tom" wrote:

I'm coming into Park City for a business meeting on Dec 5-7 and decided
to add a few (4) days with a buddy up front to visit Snowbird and Alta.
However, with temps in the high 50s and no snow in sight until after
Thanksgiving I'm considering the options. I'd appreciate any thoughts:

1) Trust that Ullr hasn't deserted the Utahns for still supporting Bush
(still high 50s -- like the temps) and that it will be snowing when I
arrive on the 30th.

2) Getting in the car and driving till it gets colder and deeper. I'd
put the limit on this at 6 hours. From mapquest,etc that looks like it
could get us to Grand Targhee (30+inches mid mountain and open).

3) Just be grateful I'm making turns anywhere. The season doesn't
start in Pennsylvania for another month.

Any other recommendations than Targhee in terms of base per hour of
travel?

Well, looks like NW Michigan is getting off to a good start. That
doesn't help, I know, but it's still good news.

bw