Old July 16th 03, 09:59 AM
Steve

Default Early season in St Anton

It's always going to be a gamble at that time of year (and glaciers
don't help as they need snow to fill in the crevases). I read somwhere
(probably in some blurb from a TO) that St Anton gets more snow than
other resorts early in the season. I don't know of any scientific
evidence, but it generaly opens fairly early, especialy considering
it's altitude.

I've skied in St Anton in early December in years gone by and found
the condiitions to be excellent, but apparently it's not been so good
for the last 2 years.

If it's cold enough there will be man-made stuff, and Lech is also
worth a visit, it seems to get a bit more snow than St Anton.

If possible I'dleave it to the last minute. Before Xmas is low season
and there are so many hotels in St Anton you should be able to get a
room at short notice. If it does start dumping you may need to be
quick off the mark though!

Steve

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 07:33:41 GMT, Greg Hilton wrote:

Morning all,

anyone got any ideas how St Anton is for snow early in the season? thinking
of a weekend around the middle of December, but would prefer to ski on snow
rather than grass!

cheers,

Greg

~ If emailing, please use: Steve_A_Haigh
~ @
~ hotmail.com
~