Old September 12th 08, 08:48 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Roger Moss[_2_]

Default Where to go

"Snorer" wrote in message
OK I know that not too many are looking at this out of season but this is
another one of those "whats the best resort for me posts"
There is not much my party an I cannot ski so we don't want a novice
resort but most of my skiing except Alpe d'huez has been more Northern
Alps and Austria. This year I have booked some flights to Grenoble but
unfortunately its half term week. Hence the usual impossible question
where to go that has got a good lift system, does not get too crowded with
local kids bused in every day, reasonable car transfer and is a hidden
gem. Night life not an issue, we only want to ski,eat and sleep, oh and
more ski.
Ideas and comments appreciated

Serre Chevalier? Big Mountain skiing, plenty of variety and masses of
investment going in right now. And a wide range of accommodation.
I was there for the first time last Jan, and was very impressed. You can ski
over/down to Briançon (gondola return) and you also have cross-border skiing
at nearby Montgenèvre (and kite-skiing at the Col du Lauteret, if you're up
for it). Snow cover last year was also some of the best anywhere in the
Alps. More of our impressions he
http://www.mountainpassions.com/wint..._chevalier.htm

Oh, and for my money it's a lot more appealing than the other obvious
geographical contender, Les Deux-Alpes (especially at half-term periods).

RM
www.mountainpassions.com - an Online Magazine with Altitude