Old April 23rd 08, 05:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
Andy Bonwick

Default Pass opening dates/Col d'Iseran

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:02:58 +0200, Ace wrote:

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 23:53:15 +0100, Champ wrote:

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 18:40:05 +0100, Andy Bonwick
wrote:

I can confirm that it's not open in mid-June:
http://www.champ.org.uk/bikes/images/mugellosnow.jpg

This was on the way back from the Italian GP at Mugello in 2001.

Great photo. Wasn't the barrier lowered at the bottom of the pass?

They decided that the 'pass closed' signs 30 km back were obviously
lying, and that there couldn't possibly be snow at that time of year.

Hey, it was me, Bonwick and Alex F -- we looked at each other and said
"how bad can it be?" :-)

****s!

It was ok at the bottom..

Guilty as charged, yer honour.

They made me do it.

Of all the people who can play the "a big boy did it and ran away"
card, Andy, you are not it.

Ringleaders! You're all a bunch of ringleaders.

Can I claim I didn't understand the French sign telling us the road
was closed and I assumed the barriers were because it was a toll road?