Old April 22nd 08, 02:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki

Default Pass opening dates/Col d'Iseran

Ace wrote:
On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 15:30:36 +0200, Ace wrote:

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 14:27:19 +0200, BrritSki
wrote:

Ace wrote:
Indeed. Chamonix was excellent last weekend (Thurs-Sun) too - skied at
Grand Montets, where we had some great powder, especially on the
glacier, and only slightly slushy conditions on the last run home down
to the car park level.
"Slightly" mushy ?

Shame I didn't know you were there, as I was there with a couple of old
RSA regulars too. Were you with the group wearing SCGB monogrammed kit
outside at the restaurant at Grand Montets mid-station on Sunday
lunchtime ?

It was a rep's refresher, and one or two were wearing the green
jackets, including the boss, with others quite likely ewaring bits and
bobs of kit, like shirts, fleeces etc.

If so, I think I saw you...

Not me - I'd gone homw by then, having been completely exhausted by it

I know what you mean

all. Despite 60 days skiing this year my back[1] was still complaining
after three full days of hard off-piste skiing, with a fair dose of
digging for avalanche victims thrown in.

Only practice I hope....

We enjoyed the powder off Hearse chair Sat. morning too and had a great
time, but were too disorganised to sort out tram to glacier until Sunday
afternoon. Things were not helped by the Vagabond Gits who slept in
after the big end-of-season-workers party on Sat. night, so the ski room
wasn't unlocked until about 9.30

Not the best start to the day. And there were even a few queues on
Saturday, although we didn't bother going up to the glacier, as the
lift wasn't running until around lunchtime due to high winds on top.

[1] Still recovering, all too slowly, it seems, from injuries incurred
in my bike smash 20 months ago.

Just be thankful you're even walking, let alone skiing...