Old August 21st 06, 07:48 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Florian Anwander

Default Ski safari ideas

Hi SteveH

I'm pondering the idea of a ski safari type adventure this coming
winter.

I can imagine, that the dolomites should be a perfect region for what
you are planning. I did a mixed tour (backcountry and liftserved) this
march. You may find pictures, map and description in German on my website.

map:
http://fa.utfs.org/mountains/2006/03...te_etappen.jpg

short description of the single stages:
http://fa.utfs.org/mountains/2006/03...n/etappen.html

and billions of pictures at:
http://fa.utfs.org/mountains/2006/0312_dolomiten
especially:
http://fa.utfs.org/mountains/2006/03...red/index.html

This tour was more skinning up than you defined in your mail, but I am
quite sure, that you can spend a great week also with only one our of
skinning up a day.

Btw: the huts where perfect. Great food. 40 Euros for a night inclusive
three or four stage menue and nice breakfast buffet.

Florian