Old December 3rd 04, 05:41 AM
JQ

"foot2foot" wrote in message
"Mark" wrote in message

(snip)
I agree with everything f2f said.

For lodging, I'm considering the Alpinglow Inn which appears to meet
my criteria of moderate price, ski-in/ski-out, and outdoor hot-tub.
Is this accurate? Any other suggestions?

Yes, it is accurate, it is right next to the lift. Has a sauna and
resturant too.

Don't know. Don't remember. The town is right down
the road from the mountain. If you're driving, it's
all a non issue, that little town is a *great* ski town, and
there's a bigger one ten miles from that.

How's the nighlife? It's a more minor consideration. We like to hit
a few good restaurants and bars, but no major partying.

There's no real night life on the mountain unless they reopened the bar with
the bucking horse/bull.
In town there are a few bars and one with pool tables, there are a few
decent resturants in town too.

See above. There's a bunch of things to do.

Any and all advice would be appreciated, including suggestions of
other places to go. We want to go somewhere without long lift lines
(think Vail)

Big Mountain is a great place to ski, don't under estimate the difficulty of
their blue runs. Keep a copy of their trail map so you don't end up were yo
don't want to be or over your head. It can get very foggy there too. If it
is a clear day the site from the summit looking into Glacier National Park
can be one of the most beautiful sites you will ever see, well worth the
trip.

JQ
Dancing on the edge
(snip)