Old February 12th 05, 08:36 PM
Alex Heney

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 20:07:14 -0600, VtSkier
wrote:

lal_truckee wrote:
Brains wrote:

hold the poles outwards (arms in crucifix position,
palms facing up) and ski down a very steep black runs ensuring the
pole ends were always in contact with the snow.

I can't picture this.

Neither can I. Palms up suggest that poles are
sticking straight out in front of you, no? How
then are the pole ends (tips?) always in contact
with the snow?

"Arms in a crucifix position".

Means the poles are sticking straight out sideways.

You can't of course, always keep the pole tips in contact with the
snow, unless you only ski in one direction, without turns.

But you can keep them in contact between turns.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
"I'm not smart enough to lie" - Ronald Reagan