Old January 23rd 11, 04:08 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Ben Kaufman

Default was Swix V100/V110 kick or glide wax

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 08:22:06 -0800 (PST), Edgar wrote:

On Jan 22, 5:36*am, Ben Kaufman spaXm-mXe-anXd-paXy-5000-
wrote:
I tried the swix site and googling it without success. *Trying to determine if
two small cylindrical containers bearing labeling Swix V100 *and V110 (humidity
difference) were kick or glide wax. * I was cleaning out some old stuff and they
were the original (supposedly) glide waxes "thrown in" with my waxless XC
starter set from the early 1990s. I was told to cork them down but they never
worked too well and I opted for max waxx. Just curious if that (mainly) alpine
ski shop knew what they were doing.

Thanks.

Ben

The V100 ad V110 are kick (grip) waxes. One is for "dry" snow,
meaning low moisture typ below 0C and the other is for "wet" snow typ
above 0C. The pair are suppose to be simple touring two wax system
grip waxes having a broad range of temps.

Edgar

LOL, thanks.. No wonder the max waxx seemed so much better.

Ben