Old August 30th 06, 12:49 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
lal_truckee

Default cheap mammoth, CA lodging?

wrote:
It was impossible to find lodging at Mammoth, CA last Christmas, so I
figure I will book now. Anyone knows of affordable lodging there
(affordable is defined as $100 per night)? We stayed in Lee Vining
last winter at $70 per night, but it's boring there and it's a 40 min
drive to Tamarack where we ski (nordic).

Both Kitzbuhel and Ullr hostels are long closed, so ultra cheap is
harder to come by. There is a Motel 6 right in town which was $56/night
when last I was there. With two friendly couples you can get it down to
about $15 apiece - not bad for clean, warm, and comfy. Centrally located
- ski slope free buses, or it's a short drive to slopes.

Course if you're looking for trappings instead of skiing, a "6" won't do.