Old December 16th 04, 06:22 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-12-16, Lisa Horton penned:
In the current context of boots

I've read that with new boots, it's good to wear them around the house for a
few hours to help the liners start to mold to your foot. Does it make any
difference if you actually *move* during this time? Like, is sitting and
watching TV less effective than clomping around and scaring the pets?

I'm curious about wearing boots in the house, too, but from a different angle
(literally!). Since your stance is different while skiing than it is while
standing/walking around the house, and since your feet change their shape
pretty dramatically depending on your stance, I'm wondering if the "wear boots
around the house" advice is any good at all. Seems like they'd pack your
boots into the wrong shape.

My new boots have a forward enough lean that walking in them is a pretty big
effort. I've reverted to the kind of rolling swagger (heel-toe, heel-toe,
heel-toe) that would absolutely destroy the hardwood floor in our front hall,
not to mention scaring the crap out of our cat! It's a really big adjustment
for me; my old boots had the walk/ski adjuster knob and I used it whenever I
could.

--
monique
Longmont, CO