Old January 24th 05, 02:11 AM
David Harris

"pigo" wrote in news:Ga2dnayxNcO7w2ncRVn-
:

snip

The point is that no matter how a boarder gets down the ungroomed
snow, it's ****ed up for any skier to follow compared to what another
skier would have left. End of story. You can argue only that it
doesn't bother you. It bothers me. If that's a chip, so be it.

Most of us are wrecking the lines for someone. If you poach my line,
you're wrecking it for me, even if I've chosen to sleep in. And we are
wrecking lines for the teles, and the climbers, the randonees, and maybe
even the skidoos.

Regardless, boarding is i) much more than a fad; ii) here to stay; and
iii) every bit as legit a way of sliding as is skiing, monoskiing, or
even those goofy blades.

You drink micros AND wear a helmet, don't you? Are you guilty about
slavery too?

I'm missing the slavery issue, but I wear a helmet because it's the most
comfortable thing I've found (although not overly fashionable, but I'm
not really concerned about fashion - perhaps you are?), and I drink those
micro-brews that make superior beer. Which is most, but not all, of
them. Some make overpriced swill, and they seem to sell only because of
their marketing, or fashion - but again, fashion's not a big deal for me.

Slaves - personally, I could find a lot of uses for them. Are you
volunteering? I could get over any guilt...

dh