Old March 16th 04, 11:24 AM
Mary Malmros

Default Newbie skiier looking for equipment advice

lal_truckee writes:

May Oh wrote:

I wanted to get boots this season, but I
think I'll wait until the beginning of next, just to make sure that they
have my size in stock.

More importantly, you want to get boots while you are still skiing
regularly, so you can test them on the slope and return to the
bootfitter for adjustments; it's not uncommon for this to take several
visits, so when you do get your boots don't be shy about returning. Plan
on it.

Yeah -- if you're still going to ski several times this year, I'd
buy now, if you have the money and time for it. Bootfitting is
time-consuming if you do it right; it's not a matter of just
giving them your size and getting a pair off the rack. I wouldn't
worry too much about them not having your size in stock, unless it's
very unusual -- the kind of shop that can do a good job of
bootfitting will still have a wide range of sizes, even late in the
season.

Speaking of "late in the season" -- WAMC in Albany says "up to 18
inches on the east slopes of the northern Berkshires and southern
Greens". WHEEEEE!!!!!

--
Mary Malmros