Old March 15th 04, 10:43 PM
May Oh

Default Newbie skiier looking for equipment advice

sjjohnston wrote:

As noted above, the general consensus in the world is that getting

your own,
special, fit-you-perfectly boots is a higher priority than the skis.

People
often advise beginners to get their own boots and go on renting skis for a
while. Among the reasons for this is that the skis that will work the best
for you at this stage will likely not be the best skis for you pretty

soon.

Thanks everybody for all the helpful advice! Whoever said this group
wasn't friendly. I think I'll do what you suggest and get boots first,
and worry about skis later. I wanted to get boots this season, but I
think I'll wait until the beginning of next, just to make sure that they
have my size in stock. Happy sliding everybody!

May