Old September 8th 03, 11:29 AM
Jay Tegeder

Default Kelowna fires

Okay. Okay... I'll stop the so called ad hominen attacks... I've
learned I'm a chicken**** according to Jim Farrell. I've learned I'm
the one who started the political attacks even though Farrell did
that. I've learned taxing SUVs and other luxury items is a good thing.
Plus, I've learned a lot of people like to go with "Mr Tegeder"
instead of Jay when they disagree with me. Also, I guess I'm the one
on the political rant even though tons of others have participated in
this non ng discussion. I've found out who my friends are. I don't
mean everyone who's disagreed with me. Just the ones with the personal
attacks.

As a result, I promise to:

1) Not respond when provoked on this newsgroup. In other words, rant
about global warming, George Bush etc. Although, they are not related
to this newsgroup.

2) Stick only to ski related topics

3) Do the American thing and punch out those who have been complete
jerks to me. I'll even punch out myself if you think that is
appropriate...

Jay Tegeder
p.s. I'll be signing up with the Earth Liberation Front today...

(Rob Bradlee) wrote in message oo.com...
funder. I have to earn
what I make. in fact, I get up every day and go out
into the world
with no pay guarantee. It's called commission sales.
That's Straight
commission. I had to build up a territory by going
to work everyday.
Unlike you, I know what the working people of the
U.S. go through on a
daily basis. I'm there first hand getting it from
the people I deal
with everyday. The majority of this newsgroup likely
gets their
understanding of the working person from the liberal
media. Get out of
your cloistered liberal existence and experience
what really goes on
in the world. I mean that to most everyone on this
newsgroup.

Okay, Jay, that's about enough. If you want to engage
in political rants find a political newsgroup. I
hustle my butt to find my own work too, and yet manage
to stay a liberal. But I do not want to argue
politics in this newsgroup, and I certainly think that
it entirely un-American to engage in ad hominem
attacks on people of differing views.

How about we all agree to keep the subject matter of
our postings to skiing, and nothing but skiing. If
someone throws in a side comment about global warming
we will all politely ignore it. Okay?

I ran a 17 mile trail race in NH today on a perfect
New England late summer day. This race marks the end
of trail racing season for me and the beginning of
SERIOUS ski training.

Rob Bradlee

=====
Rob Bradlee
Java, C++, Perl, XML, OOAD, Linux, and Unix Training