Old April 27th 05, 07:34 PM
klaus

MattB wrote:

I like tamari almonds too. Good salty snack with protein, some fat, but
not saturated fat if you pay attention to those things (just got my
cholesterol test results and now need to pay close attention).

Mmmm.. that sounds good. I'm not worried about cholesterol on this
trip. Way bigger short term issues.

Dried refried bean and/or salsa mixes can be good. Chips pack light, but
sometimes just end up as crumbs.

W're taking lots of that kinds of stuff, but chips end up worthless on
this kind of journey. Tortillas is about all the bread we can pack
due to volumetric/crushnig constraints.

Not that you asked, but for cocktails I like to pack Everclear and some
kind of powdered drink mix (Kool Aid, lemonaid, etc). It's the most buzz
for the weight (as far as alcoholic beverages go anyway).

Not so concerned about buzz per gram. We're taking 100 dollar per
liter scotrch and tequila. It has great barter value.. And tastes
great. You rarely take more than a sip anyway, unless you have some
really atrractive company.

For staples I usually just bring rice and pasta dishes for my main meals
and supplement it with jerky for protein.

That's the basic plan, but when it's a month, you crave variety.. and
anything you're missing.

-klaus