Old April 27th 05, 07:17 PM
MattB

klaus wrote:
Mary Malmros wrote:

klaus wrote:

BTW: Anyone have any good freeze dried food suggestions? We need menus
for a month. The Alaskan Weight Loss Program. "Lose ten percent of
your body weight in four weeks!"

It's not freeze-dried, but I'm a big fan of sun-dried tomatoes. Good
source of C and sure breaks up the monotony. You can cook with 'em or
just snack on 'em.

Yes, we'll be taking some of those. Great for spicing up bland
food. But the downside is acidity. Sunflower seeds is another Good
Thing(tm). And low acid.

-klaus

I like tamari almonds too. Good salty snack with protein, some fat, but
not saturated fat if you pay attention to those things (just got my
cholesterol test results and now need to pay close attention).

Dried refried bean and/or salsa mixes can be good. Chips pack light, but
sometimes just end up as crumbs.

Not that you asked, but for cocktails I like to pack Everclear and some
kind of powdered drink mix (Kool Aid, lemonaid, etc). It's the most buzz
for the weight (as far as alcoholic beverages go anyway).

For staples I usually just bring rice and pasta dishes for my main meals
and supplement it with jerky for protein.

Matt