Old February 2nd 09, 09:22 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_3_]

Default London FOAKs - Hotels around Leicester Square ? a.k.a. 3V skiing...

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 11:16:40 +0100, "Roger Moss"
wrote:

Talking of ice, a couple of the return runs into Méribel and Mottaret get
squeezed by netting right at their base, so everyone turns and rubs off the
snow, to reveal the icy stuff below - once you've hit this and had your
'moment' you can spend a few entertaining minutes watching others
approaching theirs... :-)

Indeed, it's those I was thinking of. One year I repped in VT on my
Pocket Rockets, possibly the worst ice-ski ever made. Every time we
approached these areas I'd say to my group "this bit isn't really
_that_ bad, so please don't look at me, as I'll be all over the shop
on it, just hanging in there until I find some grip. You lot have got
decent skis so you'll be fine.".

I don't think they ever really believed me :-}