Old November 10th 03, 03:09 PM
Walt

Default Whistler or Vail?????

Sandy Clyburn wrote:

need help with my winter vacation decision.
haven't been to either ,please share some of
your experiences about either resort.

I visited both last season, so I'll give it a whirl.

Vail had the longest lift lines I've ever seen. If you're idea of a
good time is spending all day standing in line, go to Vail. Did I
mention that it's expensive?

Whistler is very big. Two mountains with over 5000' of vertical each.
It precipitates a lot - rain at the bottom, fog in the middle, snow at
the top. Sometimes there's sunshine at the top. If you like heavy
thick fresh snow, go to Whistler. If you like skiing in the fog, go to
Whistler. If you like skiing in the rain, go to Whistler. If you like
skiing on firm snow in the sunshine, go somewhere else.

Short answer: Whistler by a mile. I'll probably go back to Whistler
some day, but I doubt I'll ever go back to Vail. (Copper is right down
the road, and far superior...)

--
//-Walt
//