Old November 7th 03, 02:17 AM
Jack Nixon

Default Whistler or Vail?????

Sandy Clyburn wrote:

need help with my winter vacation decision.
haven't been to either ,please share some of
your experiences about either resort.

Whistler/Blackcomb is a place every skier ought to see and ski at least
once. Vertical rise of 5,280' and runs longer than you'd think possible
sorta give you the idea. Lots of things to do other than skiing plus
more apres ski than most of us can do. However, it is too close to
Vancouver (can be crowded), the highway is dreadful and it's has a low
altitude base which can be wet.

Vail too is huge and offers incredible skiing variety, though some say
it's all intermediate. Proximity to Beaver Creek gives you even more
places to ski. Vail does get lots of day skiers from the Front Range so
holidays and weekends can be wicked crowded, and the highway from
Denver, I-70, can be a mess. A powder day anywhere in the Back Bowls is
a dream experience.

Whistler and Vail are both big time spendy resorts. British Columbia and
Colorado have other areas that can give you a memorable holiday/vacation
with less hassle and cost. I have my favorties, maybe you can find
yours.