Old December 31st 12, 04:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
dardruba[_2_]

Default The Tour de Ski climb

Brilliant so far, congrats to all.
I'm fascinated by the finalclimb on the last day January 6 and wonder
how many of our clubs and their ski venues now have a prepared climb.

I guess there's more climbers now since the introduction of the
Alpe Cermis into our race calendar.

I watched the first event with apprehension on the Eurosport Player as
one by one the fit young female racers came over the finish line and
collapsed, normal for our racing, but they didnt get up!
The stewards had to organise spectators to quickly drag lifeless bodies
to one side and remove their skis and poles so that incoming racers
could cross the line.