Old October 2nd 07, 12:45 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.north-america
lal_truckee

Default Colorado

wrote:
We are planing to go sking in the Aspen/Vail area in february 2008. We
enjoy sking in steep slops and tough area. We stay away from the
groom. Anybody can tell me what are the best ski hill in the Aspen/
Vail area for that kind of sking.

Vail and Aspen are pretty far apart, s you want to get your fill of one
locale before heading toward the other...

Aspen itself is pretty steep, with nice slopes. The other nearby areas
are less enticing.

Vail and most nearby areas are duds, aimed at package tourists. Try
Arapaho Basin for steep challenges.

FWIW.