Old December 9th 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.backcountry,rec.skiing.nordic,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Weathercam

Default Anyone remember Scorpion skis?

Anyone on here remember the short Scorpion ski, late 70's early 80's - I
seem to recall quite a lot of hype over them when launced, but want to know
what they were primarily designed for.

Reason is that I have picked a pair up via Ebay which I intend to use as
short approach skis for touring as they are quite a bit wider (90mm) and
longer than my normal approach skis (108) so should be a little better for
climbing in deep powder.

I'll fit my Dynafit bindings to them - point is that for normal use the
binding was towards the back - and I intend to move them more to the middle,
or as far as I can get away with for fitting my ski crampons.

Any advice / help appreciated.

Regards