Old December 31st 05, 12:10 AM

Martin Thornquist wrote:
[ ]

Nettiquette and top posting;

Ah, nothing like a netiquette discussion to get the posting volume up!

For myself I find it easier to read thread replies without having to
scroll to the bottom of each page.

Indiscriminate bottom posting is as bad as top posting. The Right way
is to trim whatever quoted text isn't strictly necessary, and
interleave quoted text and reply. Good newsreaders will let you easily
step up the thread if you need more context for something you read.
Yes, Outlook is a horrible interface, both for news and email.

Worries about crossposting are a spinoff of spam worries. If the matter
is on topic it is quite ok.

...just as long as noone crossposts to rec.skiing.alpine. :-) (They
have a ... different ... tone over there, rumors say.)

Martin

Yes, I read rec.ski.alpine a bit and they have one or two crazy posters
and a lot of others to egg them on. I found it readable after I
installed some filters into Thunderbird.
gr