Old December 30th 05, 01:53 PM

Bob Lee wrote:
Gene Goldenfeld wrote:

Hmmm.. cross posting.

Actually, seeing as you're concerned about the netiquette of
cross-posting, you might consider that top-posting is considered to be
an undesirable practice. Cross-posting is acceptable in cases like
this, but top-posting never is.

And the OP's point was that airlines are actively discouraging putting
clothes and more than one pair of skis in a ski bag by charging extra
for people that do that.

hth,
Bob

-----
A: Top-posting
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet??

+ bindings skating skis ?

Edgar

Nettiquette and top posting;
This is something that varies a lot from group to group. It is almost
never mentioned here. Personally I don't know why some folks make a big
deal about it; it really is just what you are used to. I think
top-posting predominates because that is the default reply position in
Outlook.
For myself I find it easier to read thread replies without having to
scroll to the bottom of each page.
I bottom post mostly because that is the default for Thunderbird.
On some groups you get a riot of flame msg if you top post.

Worries about crossposting are a spinoff of spam worries. If the matter
is on topic it is quite ok.
gr