Old January 19th 06, 07:26 PM

KentB wrote:

We taught her parents to ski a few years ago. They STARTED skiing in their
60's. Now they are 63 & 64 and go on 4 to 5 trips per year. Not bad when
you live in Texas at least 17 hours from any place to downhill ski. And
they ski most of every day they are there. We frequently meet people on the
slopes that are 70+ and good skiers. Some of the very best skiiers in our
ski club are 60+. I will ski with them any time. I always learn from them.
In case you are wondering, we ski bumps, trees, off-piste, etc. If it isn't
closed I want to ski it.

I never suggested that there are not any seniors on the ski hills. My original
comment was that if the OP was old enough to have a 14 year old, he would likely
be one of the oldest people on the hill. Pointing out that there are some older
skiers does not negate that observation. Bear in mind that a first time skier
is likely to be at a public facility. Private ski clubs tend to have an older
crowd, people who tend to take their skiing a little more seriously.