Old October 14th 08, 04:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Mike[_2_]

Default Is everyone asleep?

"BrritSki" wrote in message
Ace wrote:
On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 20:59:01 +0100, "PSmith"
paulDOTsmith_UK@tiscaliDOTcoDOTuk wrote:

my concern is will there be space for it on the train! (I don't want to
waste my first ski day with getting luggage from the station etc as a
result of the luggage transfer schemes). Any ideas?

There should be plenty of space on the train, from my limited
experience. But remember that you're going to have to change trains,
probably at least twice.

When I did it a few years ago it was only 1 change and it was just a short
walk to change platforms and almost no waiting.

Getting on the train in Geneva was very easy too as the station's right in
the airport as you probably know.

The luggage transfer schemes seem to work well

However, I recall that it is not guaranteed to arrive same day, so
non-starter really for skiers. Could always hope that your luggage is
delayed arriving at GVA and forwarded later but, again, next day. (mentioned
because have had some success here).
Plenty of room on train and change at Visp, short walk and then train to
Tasch or even all way to Zermatt. Usually no problems but book seats in
advance. HTH Mike