Old February 20th 06, 08:33 AM

wrote in message:
Who's more disaspointing in the cross country ski scene, the U S or
Norway? While the U S cross country ski team is having a rotten Winter
Olympics, I'd say the Norwegian lack of gold and off the podium in the
Men's relay would be even worse. I mean, they were expected to take a
bunch of Gold Medals. Right? For the U S, Kris Freeman has been
mediaocre at best by his standards. The rest of the team has been way
back in the 50s for results. However, Norway is/was the big favorite
for total medals. I''m sure they'll be calling for a new coach...

I'm sure that there must be some questioning of how the coaches did the team
selection for Norway, leaving their hottest skier (Northug) off the team.

As an American, there's no reason for me to be Norway-centric (except that I
have some Norwegian friends), so I did enjoy watching Italy win this time
just as much as I enjoyed watching the previous four men's Olympic relays.