Old July 23rd 04, 11:09 AM
32 degrees

Default vasaloppet 2006

HAHAHA, see you on the starting line Anders.
No marathon due to strept throat infection 4 days before the race...
but, we'll see you in March 2006 for sure !
JK

"Anders Lustig" wrote in message
om...
"32 degrees" wrote in message

1. Can I actually enter the vasaloppet or do I have to do the Oppet

Spar
thing?

Yes, all NA skiers are obliged to do the Öppet Spår first.
Their performance is carefully monitored and if they get
an approval rating of 80% they are allowed to enter the
next year Vasaloppet proper.

2. Airfare cost?

Prohibitive. Book a cabin on a slow boat via China.

3. Dates? Cant find it on the site?

The arrangers wish to make it clear that no requests
to fix dates with those beautiful blonde Swedish girls
will be met.

The first Sunday of March is a good bet, though.

FWIW and IMHO those who want to enter in 2005 don't
have to despair, there'll be a lot of action in the
"For Sale" section closer to the race day.

BTW was your marathon thwarted by ITBS or some such
aggro? (Mine was pretty much totaled by a case of
Montezuma revenge - I ended up in the medical tent
with an IV drop...)

Anders