Old May 14th 07, 03:54 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
klh in VA

Default California/Tahoe relocation suggestions?

wrote:

Hi All,

I am vaguely considering relocating to somplace in Central or Northern
California.

yes but it is hard to find lutfisk there
although if you go south to solvang, i think pea soup anderson may be
there yet and that was wonderful nordic pea soup for thursday meals

Various other family members live in San Francisco, and
other nearby areas. Those places are out of my price range (I assume)
and are too crowded and too far from skiing for my tastes anyway.

I've never been to Lake Tahoe or any of the areas between there and
SF, but from what I've heard it sounds pretty nice. My outdoor
interestes are road cycling and XC skiing, so ideally I'm looking for
somplace rural or semi-rural where I can do these activities more or
less any day I choose more or less right out my door. I have 3 small
kids who like playing outdoors too so an urban or town setting
probably wouldn't work for them either.

I'm trying to narrow my search a bit so that I can have a look around
this summer whan I visit my relatives.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Joseph