Old February 7th 05, 09:24 PM
Lisa Horton

VtSkier wrote:

Chuck wrote:
Is it considered a bad thing for an intermediate level skier like myself
to be taking my time skiing the black diamond trails? Most of the folks
I see attempting these trails are moving a lot faster than I am. The
blue trails are no longer a challenge to me and I want to push myself to
get better, but I also want to be able to do some traversing on these
trails. Am I creating a hazard for those who want to ski them faster? I
try to wait at the top of the steeper areas off to the side until the
better skiers go past but I still often find that while I'm traversing
down, someone else goes zipping by at 50mpg or faster and I wonder if
they will have time to react.

I certainly have no objection to someone like yourself
skiing down diamond trails. The only thing I ask is that
you not "scrape" down the trail when it has snow on it.
When it's all ice then you might see me scraping down it.
See "scraping" in other threads about snowboards.

When you say scraping, would that be a more or less sideways skidding
type of movement?

Lisa