Old February 7th 05, 09:13 PM
JQ

"Chuck" wrote in message
Alan Baker wrote:
In article ,
Chuck wrote:

(snip)

I think there has to be something you can do short of the black trails
if you're traversing them, but not getting challenged on the blues.

Have you considered skiing the blues faster?

Tried it but my skis tend to get unstable at faster speeds. It's
probably time to upgrade but I don't want to spend the money when I only
get out 4-5 days a year. They are Head Carve 15's -
beginner/intermediate skis. They have served me well for about 5 years
now but as like I said when I get up around 20-25 mph they start to to
feel unstable.
--
To reply by email remove "_nospam"

Chuck, you may need to apply more forward pressure and it will feel much
better. Those skis should be able to handle the speed you mentioned unless
you are in the back seat, then they will feel unstable the fronts will sort
of drift side to side, bounce up & down and not be able to turn to well.
Those skis have not even begun to wear out with 25 days on the mountain.
Make sure you get them waxed and the edges sharpened (waxed maybe 2 times
per year and sharpened at least once a year) they'll giver much better grip
in our east coast skiing.

JQ
Dancing on the edge