Old February 7th 05, 09:00 PM
JQ

"Alan Baker" wrote in message
In article ,
Chuck wrote:

(snip)

I think there has to be something you can do short of the black trails
if you're traversing them, but not getting challenged on the blues.

Have you considered skiing the blues faster?

--
Alan Baker

(snip)

Alan not to knock Chuck but the area he is skiing, the Blacks would be
greens in your neck of the woods. The highest vert. is 1000' and not very
steep as far as big mountain skiing is concerned and the runs are also very
short. I did not know what area he was from until his last post. His main
concern would be ice, thin coverage and narrow trails. Many of the Blues
are not that much easier than the Blacks and some are actually more
difficult. If he ventured up North to NY, VT, NH or Maine, there is a
difference. He would be more than happy on most of their Blue runs for the
time being again as he is able to handle them he would naturally want to
take on the Black runs there too.

Chuck take on those Black runs as you will see they are not much more
difficult than what you have been doing other than on the trail map and sign
posting. I would recommend much more caution on the runs that are listed as
Double Black as these runs tend to be much "steeper", narrow, "ungroomed"
and like that at Mountain Creek very icy (you can not traverse to well on
ice) a fall and you go all the way to the bottom!
Happy skiing!

JQ
Dancing on the edge