Old March 18th 04, 06:49 PM
Tim Dudley

Default Gatineau park condition?

How far up did you go - past McKinstry?

Tim

on 18/3/04 09:00, Chris Pella wrote:

I was skating last night (mar 17) and conditions are near perfect
except for a bare spot near the lookout. I skated from P10 up towards
the fire tower. As for classic, there were some sections where the
tracks appeared to be solid ice but other than that they looked pretty
good. There was another light dusting last night so I expect you could
get away with blue extra or Rode super blue. Or perhaps blue klister
covered with a layer of hard wax.
I got my fill of classic during the colder weather so skating is hard
to resist with these conditions.

Chris

"Mike Hui" wrote in message
.cable.rogers.com...
Too lazy to use klister, I was skating on crushed ice last weekend.

I was really surprised to learn from the official gatineau park site just
now (March 17th) that the wax of the day is blue extra. Can anyway confirm
that? I would love to stride using hard wax this weekend?

... Mike