Old March 17th 08, 05:34 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Stuart Chan

Default can some snowboards be dangerous?

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 15:13:19 GMT, "
allegedly wrote:

to be honest i feel like giving up snowboarding all together. This is
the first time i have ever broken a bone in my life.

I can understand your feeling about giving up. I got a concussion and
sprained ankle from a poorly landed jump a few years back and my confidence
was definitely shaken. So that you know, it was also a new-ish board. Since
I was used to the 10 year old noodle of a board I had prior, so this new
stiffer board was somewhat of a challenge to get used to. My experiences
tell me that you just have to take it easy and learn the characteristics of
your new board. Once you understand your board, you'll be able to make it do
things that you want.

But with regards to are some boards dangerous... All boards are. But some
are a little more sensitive than others and you just need to know and
respect that. Sooner or later you'll come to recognize that some of the
twitchier boards can be a lot of fun.

Wacopaco