Old March 17th 08, 03:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Switters

Default can some snowboards be dangerous?

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 15:13:19 GMT, "
allegedly wrote:

to be honest i feel like giving up snowboarding all together. This is
the first time i have ever broken a bone in my life.

Just curious, but how old are you? It seems that in today's society we
strive to protect our kids from all forms of harm, in every shape and
form, and (I realise this may be controversial to some) I feel it is
counter-productive. When I was a kid, my friends and I used to do all
kinds of stuff that might seem crazy now. We sometimes broke bones and
got hurt, but we lived. Therefore I was just wondering if you're from
"my" generation or from this new generation.

Please note, there's no sarcasm or irony in my questions. I got into
snowboarding knowing full well that I could get hurt, but I try to
minimise my risks accordingly. Like taking it easier on my first and last
day. The same applies when skiing, mountain biking, trekking, or even
driving to work.

Hope your shoulder heals well.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org.uk/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow.
Donek Sasquatch 162, Prior Pow 181, Burton Canyon 162

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://www.vpas.fsnet.co.uk/rssFAQ/