Old January 21st 05, 10:25 AM

Default Where should we go for a weekend break?

I'm going to be in Lausanne for business for 10 days ending on a
Thursday evening. Obviously my boss wouldn't send me to Switzerland in
winter if he didn't intend that this should be followed by skiing, so
my other half will join me on Thursday night.

Where should we go, leaving Lausanne (earlyish) Friday morning,
returning from Geneva/Zurich/anywhere else Monday evening? We would
prefer to travel by train, but are prepared to drive.

We ski reasonably competently on piste, mainly on reds & blacks, and
incompetently off piste.

Verbier looks obvious, but we've been there a few times and would like
to try somewhere new.