Old January 19th 05, 06:15 PM
Simon Burrows

Default Snowboarding in Chamonix

Hi all,

I've just stumbled across this newsgroup this evening, looks like a
nice little community! I've done a few searches and checked the FAQ,
but the only answers were very old, so maybe things have changed a bit
since then, apologies if it's a regular sort of question!

I've just come back from riding Heavenly in Tahoe with my girlfriend
(just before Christmas) where we were a bit spoilt as boarders... 4
parks, halfpipe (although it wasn't open yet) etc... now I've just
arranged 4 days in Chamonix with some mates from work. They're all
skiers, so they'll be fine... but what's the scene like for
snowboarding there? I do a bit of freeride and stuff, but I'm mainly
into freestyle... do they have any parks or pipes around?

Any info greatly appreciated! Oh, and if there's any riders from around
the Bristol, UK area gimme a shout.. I live about 2 miles from the dry
slope at Churchill, just thinking about rejoining