Old January 13th 04, 06:47 AM
BillM

Default Places to Eat at Whistler???

Since a reservation is pretty much required, there must be a lot of other
people that are nuts as well.

When I lived in Vail at the age of 18 back in the early 80's, I would have
thought this nuts too. My roomates and I would eat beans and rice to be able
to afford a season pass 'cause skiing was more important than eating.

Spending some money on a nice meal with a good group of friends is worth
more to me now, and it's not such a blow to the pocketbook now that I'm all
grown up (or at least pretend to be for my day job).

Some people won't spend more than $10 on a bottle of wine. Some will spend
thousands. Most of us are somewhere in between depending on our priorities
and means.

BillM

"lal_truckee" wrote in message
BillM wrote:

Prices were a
bit steep (NY Steak $85 alone or $105 w/Fois Gris), but worth it to sit

down
for a nice meal with friends. The other steaks were under $50

Even in Canadian dollars, I have to ask: ARE YOU BLOODY NUTS!

Geezus, but skiing has really lost it's way since the days of sleeping
on the Squaw Valley church pews (free and WARM) and skiing KT22 the day
after a storm for $5, while living on beer, cheese, and a loaf of

French...