Old March 22nd 11, 07:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Mike M. Miskulin

Default Ideas about Binding orientation for powder

"Bob F" wrote in
:

I discovered that, because I have my highbacks tilted "forward" this
moved my knee forward, spreading my knees farther, and incidentally
moving my weight forward on the board. At lunch, I rotated the front
foot to be almost straight across the board. With this change, I was
much more comfortable, and felt that my weight was even further back on
the board, so it floated in the deep snow better. I suspect that
adjusting the back foot to point the toe more toward the back of the
board would move my weight on the board even more back for more lift, by
moveing my back knee toward the end of the board.

Hey whatever works for you. My knees don't like the idea of riding
duck so not for me. Also don't think its really the angle - I ride
24/12 which is pretty high for softies and have no problems leaning
back in powder. I suspect it is more that you just aren't used to
a high(er) angled stance. Also, your high back is meant to be
rotated so that it remains parallel with the boot. This is different
than the angle you set your plates at.