Old October 20th 03, 08:15 AM
Ace

Default RFD: create unmoderated newsgroup uk.rec.skiing

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 18:07:15 +0100, David Mahon
wrote:

Here is the charter for RS

For discussion of ski and snowboard resorts in Europe. Discussion of the
pros and cons of different resorts in Europe and the snow conditions at
the different resorts in Europe would be suitable for this group. Other
areas that might be suitable for this group: lodging facilities, grading
of runs, accessibility of ski resorts in Europe. Europe is a
multi-cultural, multi-langauge area. This creates problems of a unique
sort. This group will have no designated language. The language a
poster desires to post in is appropriate. However, to make this work the
multilingual people may desire to interrupt for the people that do not
understand the poster's language of choice.

This is very different to the proposed charter for uk.rec.skiing.

So? As we all know, charters are flexible beasties - it happens that,
partially due to the implosion of RSA, RSRE has become _the_ de-facto
ski discussion group. There's even a fair few merkins who post here
occasionally.

I accept, however, that the name is not the most obvious for newbies,
but I agree with others on here that the new group would, at best,
fragment the existing group.
--
Ace (bruce dot rogers at roche dot com)