Old October 19th 03, 11:01 AM
Ian Spare

Default RFD: create unmoderated newsgroup uk.rec.skiing

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 23:41:00 +0100, "Wm..."
wrote:

Sat, 18 Oct 2003 12:22:13
uk.net.news.config Ian Spare

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 23:14:09 +0200, David Off
wrote:

I've nothing against people wanting to set up their own ng but
rec.skiing.resorts.europe pratically is a discussion group for UK skiers.

Quite, there's no argument I can see that rec.skiing.resorts.europe
isn't working. Diluting it would make it weaker.

Not the point at all. If sufficient people want the group in uk.* and
the naming is sorted out it will happen. Dilution of
rec.skiing.resorts.europe isn't an issue for people concerned with the
uk.* hierarchy.

It was the point enough that the RFD was posted into RSRE. If it's not
connected then I'm a loss to see why it was posted there. If you
objected to the RFD being posted in in RSRE then take it up with the
poster.

It's totally mindless to objiect to the RSRE becuase it doesn't have a
UK prefix. Baring a few mindless bigots I can't see who might start
posting to a ski group just becuase it's got a uk prefix so the best
you hope for is take traffic out RSRE which does reduce it and for
what?