Old October 19th 03, 03:50 AM
Wm...

Default RFD: create unmoderated newsgroup uk.rec.skiing

Sun, 19 Oct 2003 01:20:39
uk.net.news.config Don Aitken

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 23:41:00 +0100, "Wm..."
wrote:

Not the point at all. If sufficient people want the group in uk.* and
the naming is sorted out it will happen. Dilution of
rec.skiing.resorts.europe isn't an issue for people concerned with the
uk.* hierarchy.

It is if most of the prospective users of the proposed uk.* group are
already using the rec.* group, and prefer to stay where they are.

They just stay were they are then, simple.

They
would be perfectly entitled to vote no, if they choose.

So? Which bit of "If sufficient people want the group in uk.*" did you
miss?

I do hope this doesn't become F1 revisited.

Repeating the mantra that uk.* doesn't care about the rest of Usenet,
as if that was supposed to be a virtue, is one way of ensuring that it
will.

Whatever ... you beat your drum, I'll say what I think. At the moment I
think I am making more sense than you.

--
Wm ...