Old October 25th 03, 10:06 PM
David Off

Default RFD: create unmoderated newsgroup uk.rec.skiing

John Briggs wrote:
PG wrote:

"John Briggs" wrote in message

David Off wrote:

John Briggs wrote:

Strictly speaking, those who are not interested in such a group and
would not take part in it, should not vote.

So only yes voters should take part in the vote... now I know where
Saddam Hussein's electorial commission have found work!

Well, certainly, if you have no interest in the uk.* hierarchy you should
not be voting "no".

Why's that? If someone is interested in preserving rsre from what he may
believe could result in unnecessary duplication and consequent dilution of
posters between groups, he is quite entitled to vote, imo.

The uk.* hierarchy is for existing and potential users of that hierarchy.

I use uk.rec.cycling, so I obviously have an interest in voting yes or
no either way.