Old December 13th 04, 02:53 AM
MH

"Janet" wrote in message
Mary Malmros wrote:
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

Finally, I'm wondering if buying gloves is the answer at all, or if I
need to
keep my body warmer somehow so that it doesn't say "sayonara!" to my
extremities. Thing is, if I dress any warmer than I do, I'll be
sweating when
I ski or am standing in line, and even with wicking fabrics
throughout, that
causes enough wetness to make me cold again. Especially as sports
bras don't
do a great job of wicking, anyway.

Because they're cotton. Don't wear a sports bra for skiing, for
heaven's sake, it's not like you're jogging.

So what do you suggest? I find sportsbras more comfortable than regular
bras while skiing. Unfortunatly (or fortunately?) I can't go without.

Do both your hands and feet get cold easily? Have they ever turned
whitish in conditions that are really too warm for frostbite?

Best gloves I've ever owned. From LL Bean. They're goretex with a
separate fleece inner glove. (I bought a lightweight glove liner for
when fleece is not needed). Never had cold hands/fingers in them, even
in below zero temps, and the goretex keeps the wind out.

Before I got these, I always wore mittens because other gloves were not
warm enough. I never thought I had a problem with mittens and dexterity.
Of course the lock on my old ski tote was designed to be used with
mittens - they don't make locks like that anymore.

Janet

As far as sports bras go, I'll keep wearing mine. It's comfy and gives me
support. With my gloves, I bought a pair at REI and the inside wore out
during the first season of use. I replaced the liner with a better one and
my hands stay nice and warm.

Martha