Old February 3rd 10, 11:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Spunout

Default Trust Ski Manufacturers' Flex Rating

In my case, at 80kg, the actual measurement seems
to be well less than .42, since I can't use more than about 6 layers +
a thin binder in front of the ball of the foot before seeing drag.
That's a sign that the ski is too soft to be used as a universal cold
ski. *Which is the point where one goes back to the seller.

FWIW, I've found that 50% is the softest RCS one might ski (If you
were a 'shuffler'). I wanted to make sure that my current skis are
about 60% of weight, and this range seems to be sufficient to ski
'athletically', use a lot of wax and still get some glide. Pocket
distribution is so important (and tough to test), layers need to be
built up according to how the camber closes.