Old November 16th 04, 04:57 AM
Serge

I am sure I've exceeded 30mph on a dayly basis.
I've never checked it and I don't think it is relevant.

Rollerski races in Europe report up to 70 kph on downhills.

Your speed on the flats is quite high too. I wonder if it is better to
slow down the wheels so it would feel more like your "snow speed".

When I first got rollerskis I started "chasing" bicyclists just
like I did on skates. It was fairly idiotic activity.

Not only it does little to improve technique, it confuses pole to leg
coordination to the point that when you get on snow it feels that you
are rollerskiing through molasses.

Which is not the point.