Showing results 1 to 25 of 45
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ron - NY
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 24th 09, 01:18 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 43
Posted By Ron - NY
ski poles 46"

"JQ" wrote in message

"Walt" wrote in message
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 24th 09, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 43
Posted By Ron - NY
ski poles 46"

"lal_truckee" wrote in message
VtSkier wrote:

Don't listen to LAL bigger baskets. The itty-
bitty ones...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 23rd 09, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 43
Posted By Ron - NY
ski poles 46"

"lal_truckee" wrote in message
Ron - NY wrote:
"VtSkier" wrote in message
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 23rd 09, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 43
Posted By Ron - NY
ski poles 46"

"VtSkier" wrote in message
Ron - NY wrote:
Sorry to intrude with something about skiing here but I have to buy new
poles. Had a...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 23rd 09, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 43
Posted By Ron - NY
ski poles 46"

Sorry to intrude with something about skiing here but I have to buy new
poles. Had a cheap pair of the 'goode' brand but if you ask me they're not
so 'goode'. The rubber basket's actually screw on...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 20th 09, 11:44 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 10
Posted By Ron - NY
too warm in Vermont ?

It turned out much better than I thought. Tuesday was mashed potatoes, not
my favorite type of snow but still good. Freakin warm as hell. Wednesday
about the same.Outer limits had huge moguls but...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 14th 09, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 10
Posted By Ron - NY
too warm in Vermont ?

yah maybe your right, just seems when the weather get warm like this for a
week or 2 conditions get so crappy and they close all the good trails, but
from checking the weather you practically have to...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 13th 09, 12:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 10
Posted By Ron - NY
too warm in Vermont ?

Thinking about going next week, checked the weather and the forecast is very
warm. Killington was good when I was there last week but with all this warm
weather I'm nervous. Think chances are...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 4th 07, 02:19 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 10
Posted By Ron - NY
BLOWKEMO

snow was good, conditions for this time of year were better than I expected.
If they get some snow last night it should be great, plus the Jackson Gore
section should be open tomorrow. The lifts...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 3rd 07, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 13
Posted By Ron - NY
care & maintenance for new skis

"lal_truckee" wrote in message
Ron - NY wrote:
"Walt" wrote in message
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 3rd 07, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 10
Posted By Ron - NY
BLOWKEMO

maybe I'm spoiled or expect too much BUT I wanted to state my
dissatisfaction with my stay at Okemo . Stayed at the Jackson Gore Inn 2
nights ,ski & stay package. Whenever I stay anywhere else on...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 3rd 07, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 13
Posted By Ron - NY
care & maintenance for new skis

"Walt" wrote in message
Ron - NY wrote:
Finally got rid of my old K2 axis X's , no matter what I tried I could
not get...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 3rd 07, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 13
Posted By Ron - NY
care & maintenance for new skis

Finally got rid of my old K2 axis X's , no matter what I tried I could not
get the edges sharp and skiing with them was a chore, couldn't hold a grip
on the slightest bit of ice. Got 5-6 years out...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 13th 07, 11:24 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 5
Posted By Ron - NY
New Volke Tiger sharks: Opinions ?

I like moguls so am I better off with the tigershark or the AC4/AC40 ?

"Walt" wrote in message
Ron - NY wrote:
This is...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 11th 07, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 5
Posted By Ron - NY
New Volke Tiger sharks: Opinions ?

This is supposed to be the replacement for the 5 star , probably too new for
anyone to have tried it yet but any opinions on it's construction or
performance ? It's supposed to be a good all...
Forum: Alpine Skiing April 9th 07, 11:58 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 2
Posted By Ron - NY
Ski Construction

thanks for the reply , I guess I'm looking for an all mountain ski that
leans towards being good in moguls but won't chatter too much on the
straights without going with a purpose built mogul ski ....
Forum: Alpine Skiing April 8th 07, 03:15 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 2
Posted By Ron - NY
Ski Construction

I'm curious what opinions I will get on this subject . If I ski about 1/2
the time in moguls and the other half cruising , would I want a ski that has
a mainly wood core or one with a metal layer ?...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 24th 07, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 3
Posted By Ron - NY
which Volkl ski best for me ?

Before you tell me to demo , please humor me . I'm 46, 5'6 about 155 and
would classify myself as a very good skier . I ski mostly in the northeast
in Vermont and very occasionally out west mostly on...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 24th 07, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 7
Posted By Ron - NY
replacement boot liners ?

I f*ucked up and put my boots too close to the heater and melted a piece of
my boot liners . I really like these boots and they're very comfortable so I
want to keep them for a long time . They are...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 21st 07, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 17
Posted By Ron - NY
Tuning question

thanx for the tips ( pun intended ) . I am glad I got to practice so much on
these skis , which are K2 axis X . They are my 1st pair of parabolic and
have probably seen better days , they are going...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 21st 07, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 43
Posted By Ron - NY
Schattie loses it on E-bay

"twobuddha" wrote in message
On Feb 21, 1:52 pm, "Clarencedarrow"
wrote:
On...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 21st 07, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 43
Posted By Ron - NY
Schattie loses it on E-bay

"Clarencedarrow" wrote in message
On Feb 21, 4:46 pm, "twobuddha" wrote:
On...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 21st 07, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 17
Posted By Ron - NY
Tuning question

Hmmm , interesting , I would have thought for sure the outside edges would
wear quicker than the inside . I'm going to try your alternating idea .
Never really seemed to have the problem of the...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 21st 07, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 2
Posted By Ron - NY
this whole insanity

Your giving him just what he wants , use this as a good opportunity to learn
how to use your killfile filter or think of it as a study in mental illness
.. Or you simply laugh at him which is what...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 21st 07, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 17
Posted By Ron - NY
Tuning question

well , I brought them in to my local shop and spoke to the guy who does
tuning . I also spoke to the guy at the "Race Place" where I bought all my
tuning equipment . After speaking to the guy at my...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 45